Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Design Inspiration spotlight & a look back!
This month I had the pleasure of being interviewed once again by Design Inspiration. The last time was way back in 2005 and boy, has a lot changed for me since then. I recall being VERY pregnant with my second child while still living in Ontario. My hair is shorter and I look younger. I was a different women then.
I think it's really important to do interviews and to be spotlighted. First of all, it's good to look back in order to see our progress. This is the point where we get all nostalgic. We may even pat ourselves on the back. All those hurdles, all those challenges, failures, baby steps and successes all come flooding back. Time flies when your building your creative dream.
There are many benefits to being interviewed:
1. You get to connect and meet others in your online community.
2. You get to expand your online presence.
3. You get to talk about yourself and what you do best in a down-to-earth way. Sharing little bits of ourselves has a way of helping others relate to what you do. 4. You get more exposure to your work, ideas, website, like pages, twitter pages and blogs to a much bigger audience.
5. It's good advertising for you! You get to be put in the spotlight and become worth talking about. Goodness knows we need to expose more talent. Hiding in the creative bubble is no longer an option.
6. It's great for your promotions, newsletters, online content and your artists cv.
When you get a moment, grab a cup of coffee and read all about the great talent Design Inspiration shares. It has new look with so many great spotlights. Let's celebrate 9 years of inspiring design!