Monday, December 9, 2013

My Curiosity Burns Bright!

© Holly DeWolf


This image came from a conversation I had with another illustrator about all the things we used to do when we were in art school, such as: pulling all-nighters, living on coffee, working while going to school while still maintaining a social life. Basically, a lot of things I find hard to do now. Burning the candle at both ends is not easy especially with kids! 

I started out with "Burn baby burn" but that grew tired after my kids started singing it all day! Then I moved on to "burning the candle at both ends" but that's very cliche. So I moved on to the quote on the illustration to give it a positive spin. 

Also, this is a working illustration for an upcoming book I'm working on. It will be a mix of cliches and other expressions and that's about all I can say for now. 





No comments:

Post a Comment